We are the Knights (that’s pronounced phonetically - cuh-nig-its - as of the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail) Who Say Cyclic, a group of High School students, all of whom attended 6thgrade at Challenger School. At Challenger, we each gained not only a respect of the English language but also the want to change the world. Our noble mission is to improve America, one step at a time – primarily by improving the U.S.’s tongue and correcting false ideas about how its government functions. To learn more, please visit our website at www.cuhnigits.org.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

In need of good literature!!

I am in desperate need of good literature! A couple days ago, I actually gave in and read a couple pages of Twilight... help me!!!!!! (Sol, Laga, I know I used more than 3 exclamation points... but it was necessary in order to express the fullness of my malnutrition of good books. ) Does anyone have any good books that they would like to recommend? Thanks!

*Mira *

8 comments:

  1. Mistborn (highly recommended), And Then There Were None, The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (haven't actually read it but Baldr has and it sounds good), The Lord of the Rings, re-read Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your violation of grammar-law is understood... you are exempt from punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely not Twilight!?!
    Poor Mira.
    I agree with Sol about all those books, and would also recomend Ender's Game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I read that just a few weeks ago! Mira, you are fully exempt. Those chapters of New Moon I read were worthy of grammar breaking. Anyway. I agree with all previous recommendations, and suggest pretty much anything Brandon Sanderson or the books of the karmidee. By the way, I know this isn't a recommendation, but I am trying the wheel of time series. Does anyone have a review for me? Also, how are you all liking Sparrowhawk?

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU! I'm glad I'm exempt... whew. Haha yes, Twilight. Oh the horrors. Laga, New Moon is just about the worst book I've ever read. In my entire life. I'll try to read all of the books recommended. Sol: I did re-read Harry Potter. I think I read the fourth one about three times in a row. But I don't have the full series, so it's basically re-reading numbers 1-4, excluding 3 because it's no where to be found. Blah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't have the full Harry Potter series??? How awful! Very sorry 'bout that. I agree with the Ender's Game recommendation. Try some classics - I'm re-reading Jr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde at the moment. Laga, Haven't heard of that particular series, so please let me know how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I know. Pure torture. But I am rereading the second book right now, and it's quite enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dad read The Wheel of Time, and said it was good, but had to many books to finish reading the series. Of course, since Brandon Sanderson is going to finish them for him...

    ReplyDelete