We are the Knights (that’s pronounced phonetically - cuh-nig-its - as of the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail) Who Say Cyclic, a group of High School students, all of whom attended 6thgrade at Challenger School. At Challenger, we each gained not only a respect of the English language but also the want to change the world. Our noble mission is to improve America, one step at a time – primarily by improving the U.S.’s tongue and correcting false ideas about how its government functions. To learn more, please visit our website at www.cuhnigits.org.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Heya Chillins.

Life-life-life, am I right? I hope to catch you all before we all dive into the daunting junior year of high school. I know we won't be on the blog much once school starts - and that's only a week from now, for me - so I'm just putting this out here and you can respond to it whenever. Hopefully before long we will have a collection of everyone's answers and we will all be happy keeping in touch! Answer whichever ones you feel like. No pressure. Just want all y'all to say something :)

1. HOW'S LIFE?!??!?! What did you do this summer? What are your plans for the coming year?
2. What classes will you be taking this year? What are you doing outside of school?
3. Any new discoveries for good books/movies/etc.?
4. Newly discovered simple pleasures or things that make you smile?
5. Soap boxes? Rants? Inspirational messages?
6. Goals for the coming school year?
7. What are you excited about? For this year, the next several years, life in general?

I look forward to hearing from you!! :)

Singin' in the rain (metaphorically),
Sol

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry! This is such a late reply!!!!

    1. LIFE IS BUSY BUT I LIKE IT THAT WAY! Hahaha let's see... I did summer PE, took a SAT prep course at Richmond University, went to New York with my family and grandparents (who came to visit from Korea), saw my sister off to college... yeah. I am learning my new piano piece, Chopin Ballade no 1 opus 23, which I LOVE... but it is quite literally a killer piece. >.<
    2. BOOKS! I've been unable to find time to read lately... >.< Or watch TV for that matter. I missed ALL of the Olympics!!!
    3. Ooops I mixed up 2 and 3! Oh well... classes! Calculus, AP english, AP US history, drivers ed (confession: I still don't have my permit...) French 3, Choir, Honors Physics... did I miss anything?
    5. I MISS YOU AMAZING PEOPLE! Sol, I opened my Percy Jackson book the other day (fourth one, just in case you were wondering) and guess what I found? The recipe for your mother's FAMOUS tuna! Ahahaha it made me laugh :) By the way, I eat vegan 4 times a week now. I'm not completely vegetarian like you are, but... yeah. I just wanted to say that. :)
    6. GOALS: Score well on the ACT/SAT, rank first at District piano, do well in orchestra/competitions, get straight A's, learn to drive, be more organized, etc.
    Oh and I decided that in college I want to double major in music (piano, probably) and nutrition/food science.

    BYE FOR NOW!
    ps: I just made the most amazing gluten free vegan banana cinnamon doughnuts... the texture is like real bread! I'm so happy ahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Mira!!!!! That sounds fantastic! You ARE busy but you are PRODUCTIVE too! Yay! Where in New York did you go?! I was in New York this summer too!!! Where is your sister going to college????! I am in AP US History too! I wanted to be in AP English but it didn't work into my schedule. Let me know how it is! Go get your permit, driving is fantastic! My mom's tuna is pretty great :) ! Good for you on eating vegan! That's impressive and way awesome!! You have already scored well on the ACT, 3 YEARS AGO! I know you will dominate this time too, but good luck all the same! That is so cool that you already know what you want to do in college! You are amazing and I miss you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Here are some of my answers:
    1. This summer I: donated 10 inches of my hair, took the ACT again, went to a week-long writing camp, went to two one-week-long dance camps, went to the East coast to visit family and friends and tour colleges (I will post stuff about some of those colleges presently), went to California for my grandfather's 80th birthday, read Grapes of Wrath which is a good book, and wrote and read some more and watched a LOT of Doctor Who. :)
    2. This year I am taking AP Calc (scary), AP US History, AP Chemistry, German I, Socratic as is required, Drawing/Painting, and Debate.
    3. Newly discovered good TV show: Doctor Who!!!
    6. Goals: I really want to get 5s on all my AP Exams, which will take a LOT-LOT-LOT of work!! I am also trying to take up another dance class during the week - so, three hours of that a week - I want that to work with my schedule! I want to make good use of time and WORK HARD. Plus I want to qualify for debate nationals in PF and Oratory! And try to complete NaNaWriMo, and figure out where I want to go to college and what I want to do in college, and become a better writer, and pretty much, BE AMAZING. :)
    That's all I can think of to say right now.
    Mira, thanks for contributing :) Love y'all!!

    ReplyDelete